Northborough, Mass,. – The Framingham State baseball team used 16 by eight different athletes en route to a 19-4 win over Newbury College in non-league action Monday afternoon at the NEBC.
Score: Framingham State 19, Newbury College 4
Records: Framingham State (3-1), Newbury College (0-5)
Location: New England Baseball Complex – Northborough, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Rams senior Joe Ambrosino (Bradenton, Fla.) opened up the scoring in the top of the first with a 2 run single. A bases loaded Bobby Higgins (Barnstable, Mass.) single and subsequent error in the 4th would put the Rams up 6-0.
- The Nighthawks scored two runs a piece in the third and the fourth innings to cut the Rams lead to 6-4 but Framingham would answer with three in the sixth and a ten spot in the 7th to reach the final margin.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Kyle Hodgson (Berkley, Mass.) got the start for the Rams going three strong innings before giving way to Al Wallach (Nahant, Mass.) who earned the win going three innings in relief. Kevin Connelly (Bolton, Mass.) earned the save throwing three shutout innings without allowing a hit and striking out six.
- Aaron Williams (Brockton, Mass.) went 4-for-6 with a homer, 3 RBI and three runs scored. Kyle Lippert (Carlsbard, CA), Andrew Curtis (Dracut, Mass.), Ambrosino, Higgins and Kyle Dembrowski (Natick, Mass) all registered two hits apiece.
- The Rams return to the diamond on Sunday, March 17th when they play Benedictine (IL) at 10:30am as they open up an eight game stretch in Florida.