Worcester, Mass. - The Framingham State University baseball team dropped game one of a three game series to Worcester State this afternoon 5-2 in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action this afternoon at Rockwood Park.
- Scores: Worcester State 5, Framingham State 2
- Records: Framingham State (12-12, 6-4 MASCAC), Worcester State (11-12, 4-6 MASCAC)
- Location: Kevin D. Lyons Diamond – Worcester, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Worcester State grabbed the early lead with a pair of runs in the bottom of the third, but the Rams tied the game with two in the top of the fourth. Senior Kyle Lippert (Carlsbad, Calif.) doubled and moved to third on an out. Senior Joe Ambrosino (Bradeton, Fla.) followed with a two run homer to right.
- The game remained tied at 2-2 until the Lancers plated three in the bottom of the seventh on a three run homer by Ben Palatino.
- The Rams threatened in the top of the eighth with the bases loaded, but a double play ball ended the inning.
- The Rams received a pair of hits from Ambrosino and two RBI in the game, while Lippert finished the game with a double and a run scored.
- The Lancers received three hits from Cooper Bigelow and two hits apiece from Andrew Miller and Palatino.
- Senior Kevin Connelly (Bolton, Mass.) took the loss on the mound for the Rams going seven innings and allowing five earned runs on nine hits with five strikeouts.
The two teams meet again tomorrow when they conclude the three games series with a pair of seven inning games in Framingham.