Keene, NH - The Keene State College field hockey team tallied three goals in the opening stanza en route to an 8-0 victory over Framingham State University in Little East Conference (LEC) action at this afternoon at the Owl Athletic Complex.
- Score: Keene State 8, Framingham State 0
- Records: Framingham State (2-7, 0-7 LEC), Keene State (10-3, 6-1 LEC)
- Location: Owl Athletic Complex – Keene, NH
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Owls got on the board just over ten minutes into the game on an unassisted tally from Nina Bruno.
- The hosts extended their lead just under four minutes later as Bruno assisted on a tally from Julia Babbitt. Kelsey Roberts found the back of the cage off a Babbitt assist in the 24th minute to cap the first half scoring.
- The Owls added to the lead with five tallies in the second half including two more from Babbitt and one from Bruno.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Bruno finished the game with three markers and a helper, while Babbitt finished with two goals and an assist. Kyla Klein also recorded a pair of goals for the Owls.
- The Owls held a 29-3 edge in shots for the game and an 11-5 advantage in penalty corners.
- Senior Haley Duggan (Framingham, Mass.) took the loss in the cage for the Rams despite making 12 saves.
- Jordan LaRaus, Rachel Loseby and Tess Whitney combined for the shutout in net for the Owls and made a combined two saves.
The Rams are back in action on Tuesday afternoon when they host the University of Southern Maine for a Little East game beginning at 4:30 p.m.