Westfield, Mass. – The Framingham State University men's basketball team was defeated on the road this evening 100-70 by Westfield State University in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at the Woodward Center.
- Score: Westfield State 100, Framingham State 70
- Records: Framingham State (5-17, 4-6 MASCAC), Westfield State (12-10, 5-4 MASCAC)
- Location: Woodward Center – Fitchburg, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Owls jumped out to a 54-37 lead at the half led by junior guard Chris Prophet (Springfield, Mass.).
- The Owls finished with six players in double figures. Moody Bey (Springfield, Mass.) added 15 and Vawn Lord (Amherst, Mass.) 14 points and eight rebounds.
- Prophet shot eight-of-15 from the floor including seven-of-12 from three-point range and added five assists and three steals.
- The Rams were paced by senior guard Manny Payton (Fitchburg, Mass.) tallied 31 points on 13-of-23 from the floor. Payton was the lone Ram in double figures in the contest.
- Junior Tyri Hampton (Fitchburg, Mass.) added nine points, while senior Khaneil Bruce (Cambridge, Mass.) added nine points and 11 boards.
The Rams are back in action Saturday when they travel to Bridgewater State at 1 p.m.
Release courtesy of Westfield State Sports Information