Framingham, Mass.—The Framingham State men's ice hockey team played to a 1-1 draw with Fitchburg State on a snowy Thursday evening at Loring Arena.
Score: Fitchburg State University 1, Framingham State University 1
Records:Fitchburg State (2-2-2, 1-0-2 MASCAC) Framingham State (1-4-1, 0-2-1 MASCAC)
Location: Loring Arena- Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Falcons got on the board early in the opening frame when Sacha Figi (Kloten, Switzerland) poked one in with assists from Nick DiNicola (Wolcott, Conn.) and Christopher Vicario (Cranston, RI).
- The Rams answered just about 90 seconds later when Bryan Whelan (Rockville Centre, NY) scored off a one time pass from Brenden Williams (Richmond, VA) and Michael Gennello (East Windsor, NJ).
- The two teams skated to a scoreless second period thanks to excellent goaltending on both sides.
- The Rams killed off two penalties in the first half of the third period to force the overtime.
- In the opening minute of the overtime period Rams goalie Adam Calabrese (Philadelphia, PA) made a great save on a one time shot from Vicario preserve the tie.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Brian McGrath (Worcester, Mass.) made 46 saves in net for Fitchburg.
- Calabrese turned away 34 shots in net for the Rams.
- The Rams outshot the Falcons 47-to-35.
- The Rams were 0-for-1 on the power play while the Falcons were 0-for-3.
- Framingham State returns to action on Saturday when they travel to UMass Dartmouth in MASCAC action starting at 4:30 p.m.
- Fitchburg will travel to Salem State on Saturday for a MASCAC tilt slated for 2:00 pm.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.