Framingham, Mass.— The Fitchburg State men's ice hockey team scored twice in the first period skating to a 4-1 victory over Framingham State in MASCAC action Thursday evening at Loring Arena.
Score: Fitchburg State 4, Framingham State 1
Records:Fitchburg State (8-6-2, 5-2-2 MASCAC), Framingham State (1-12-1, 0-8-1 MASCAC)
Location: Loring Arena- Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Falcons opened up scoring just over halfway through the first frame when Ricky Kramer (Barnstead, NH) found the back of the net with Ryan Murphy (Wayzata, MN) and Kyle Klatt (Cloquet, MN) assisting.
- Less than a minute later Kevin Perry (Hull, Mass.) added to the Falcons lead gathering his own rebound and sending a shot past the Rams goalie.
- The Rams cut into their deficit late in the second period when Matt Siegel (Syracuse, NY) cleaned up a rebound from Bryan Whelan (Rockville Centre, NY) to make it a one-goal game.
- The Rams had a great chance to tie the game with just over fourteen minutes to play skating 4-on-4 Ryan Donahue (Dorchester, Mass.) set up Siegel beautifully in front of the net but the shot hit the pipe and was cleared out of harms way.
- The Falcons put the game away halfway through the third when Connor McPherson (Clovis, CA) send in a slap shot from the top of zone that was deflected by Chris Vicario (Cranston, RI). Moments later McPherson struck again with help from Klatt and Mike Fretz (Seattle, WA).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- In between the pipes, Brian McGrath (Worcester, Mass.) made 26 saves in net for the Falcons.
- Adam Calabrese (Philadelphia, PA) made 27 stops for the Rams.
- The Rams put up 27 shots on goal to the Falcons 31.
- The Falcons were 1-for-3 on the man advantage while the Rams were 0-for-5.
- The Falcons will host Salem State on Saturday, January 19th.
- Framingham State will host UMass Dartmouth on the same day with an 8pm faceoff.