Bristol, RI—The Roger Williams Women's Soccer team defeated Framingham State University 4-1 under the lights on a Thursday night.
- Score: Roger Williams 4, Framingham State 1
- Records: Roger Williams (3-7), Framingham State (0-8)
- Location: Bayside Field - Bristol, RI
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Early in the second half, Hawks' Sarina Olson (Bristol, R.I.) crossed the ball to teammate Gabbi Rozumek (Woodstock, Vt.) who then juked Rams' goalkeeper Madison Brown (Attleboro, Mass.) to score the first goal of the game and make it 1-0.
- In the 54th minute, Rozumek struck again and scored her second goal of the game and the season for the Hawks from a pass from Kelly Yadoff (Wyckoff, N.J.) for a 2-0 lead.
- The Rams decided not to give up just yet when Kayla Almstrom (Auburn, Mass.) headed the ball off of a corner kick from Hannah Kane (North Attleboro, Mass.) into the net past RWU goalkeeper Brooke Hathaway (Riverton, Utah) to keep it interesting at 2-1.
- However, the Hawks secured the game by Alli Santacroce (Burlington, Conn.) and Sinead Hanley (Quincy, Mass.) both scoring with under 30 minutes left in regulation to win the game 4-1.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- RWU outshot the Rams 28-12 and had many opportunities to score throughout the game.
- RWUs' Hathaway (2-2-0) had six saves while FSU's Brown (0-5-0) had 11.
- Up next for the Hawks is Bridgewater State on October 2nd at 7:00 p.m.
- Framingham State will travel to Salem State on Saturday at 3:00 p.m.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.