Springfield, Mass. - The Framingham State University baseball team surrendered one run in the third inning as the Rams were defeated 1-0 by Western New England University in non-conference action this afternoon at Trelease Park.
- Scores: Western New England 1, Framingham State 0
- Records: Framingham State (6-7), Western New England (7-5)
- Location: Trelease Park – Springfield, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Western New England got on the board in the bottom of the third inning with what proved to be the game's only run. Joe Webber doubled to right center and moved to third on a wild pitch with one out. After an infield single moved Webber to third, Alex Loparco grounded out driving in Webber from third.
- Senior Kyle Dembrowski (Natick, Mass.) led the Rams offensively going three-for-four at the plate with a pair of doubles, while seniors Aaron Williams (Brockton, Mass.), Joe Ambrosino (Bradeton, Fla.) and junior Andrew Curtis (Dracut, Mass.) recorded a single hit apiece.
- Senior Kevin Connelly (Bolton, Mass.) took the loss on the hill for the Rams going five innings and allowing one earned run on two hits with two walks and a strikeout.
- Classmate Al Wallach (Nahant, Mass.) tossed three innings of scoreless relief for the Rams allowing just one hit with four strikeouts and no walks.
The Rams are back in action on tomorrow afternoon when they travel to Babson for a non-conference tilt at 3:30 p.m.