Framingham, Mass. - The Framingham State University baseball team tallied five runs in the first two innings en route to an 18-4 victory over Lesley University in non-conference action this afternoon at Bowditch Field.
- Scores: Framingham State 18, Lesley 4
- Records: Framingham State (14-13), Lesley (7-19)
- Location: Bowditch Field – Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams jumped out to lead with three runs in the bottom of the first inning and two in the second. Junior Bobby Higgins (Barnstable, Mass.) scored from third on a wild pitch and Anthony Herman (Stratford, Conn.) walked with the bases loaded for two runs while junior RC Goodman (Springfield, Mass.) scored a run with an RBI single.
- A nine run third pushed the Rams lead to 14-0. The big hit in the inning came off the bat of Goodman who just missed a homer but cleared the bases with a double off the right field fence.
- The Lynx got on the board with a run in the top of the sixth inning on a bases loaded RBI fielder's choice from William Lombardo.
- Lesley added three more in the top of the eighth including another RBI fielder's choice from Lombardo and an RBI single by Brendan Fairchild.
- The Rams added four more in the bottom of the inning including a solo homer to right by Goodman.
- Goodman finished the game with three hits, five RBI and three runs scored, while Ambrosino tallied three hits with three runs scored and two RBI.
The Rams are back in action on Thursday when they travel to Bridgewater State for a MASCAC game at 3:30 p.m., while the Lynx travel to Mitchell College on Saturday for a pair of games at 12 p.m.