Framingham, Mass. – Senior Kyle Lippert (Carlsbad, Calif.) scored on a wild pitch in the bottom of the ninth inning as the Framingham State University baseball team walked off with a 4-3 victory over the Massachusetts Maritime Academy in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action this evening at Bowditch Field.
- Scores: Framingham State 4, Mass. Maritime 3
- Records: Framingham State (20-15, 12-7 MASCAC), Mass Maritime (9-27, 6-13 MASCAC)
- Location: Bowditch Field – Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Bucs got on the board first in the top of the first inning. Senior Paul Sances doubled to left to lead off the game and scored a batter later on an RBI single by senior Marley Dembitzki.
- The Rams plated three in the bottom of the second taking a 3-1 advantage. Senior Matt Fogarty (Millis, Mass.) walked with two outs and classmate Kyle Dembrowski (Natick, Mass.) followed with a two run homer to center. The Rams loaded the bases on three walks and Lippert hit a ball between short and third that was knocked down in the infield but the Bucs could not get an out allowing the run to score from third.
- A single run for Mass. Maritime in the top of the sixth cut the deficit to 3-2. Freshman Joe Sanchez singled to right and was sacrificed over to second. Sances fouled out along the first base line allowing Sanchez to move to third. Dembitzki followed with an RBI single.
- Dembitzki tied the game for the Bucs with an RBI single in the top of the eighth.
- Junior Kevin Scerra (Marlborough, Mass.) came in on the mound for the Rams tossing a scoreless ninth.
- Lippert led off the bottom of the ninth and was hit by a pitch. After a pair of outs, junior Andrew Curtis (Dracut, Mass.) singled putting runners on second and third with two outs. A wild pitch allowed Lippert to score the winning run from third.
- Senior Kyle Hodgson (Berkley, Mass.) started on the mound for the Rams and went eight innings allowing three earned runs on eight hits with no walks and 10 strikeouts. Scerra earned the win tossing a scoreless ninth.
Both teams close out the regular season tomorrow when they conclude the three game series with a pair of games at Mass. Maritime beginning at 1 p.m.