Newton, Mass. – The Lasell College field hockey team tallied five first half goals en route to a 6-0 victory over the Framingham State University Rams in non-conference action this afternoon at Grellier Field.
- Score: Lasell College 6, Framingham State 0
- Records: Framingham State (2-11), Lasell College (12-5)
- Location: Grellier Field - Newton, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Lasers got on the board just over seven minutes into the contest when Sam Taylor converted off a pass from Cailin Flannery for her 13th marker of the season.
- The Lasers would strike again five minutes later when Rebecca Duke found the back of the cage unassisted. Taylor followed with her second of the game four minutes later and Duke followed with her second just under 20 minutes into the game pushing the lead to 4-0.
- Flannery found the back of the net in the 26th minute to cap the first half scoring, while Megan Horrigan tallied the lone goal in the second in the 42nd minute.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Lasers held a 30-1 edge in shots for the game and held an 18-8 edge in penalty corners.
- Senior Haley Duggan (Framingham, Mass.) took the loss for the Rams in the cage making 15 saves in a half of work, while freshman Grace Pushor (Old Town, ME) made two stops in her half in the goal.
- Makena Leazer earned the victory for the Lasers making one save.
- Duke and Taylor tallied two goals apiece, while Flannery finished the contest with a goal and a pair of helpers.
The Rams are back in action on Saturday when they travel to Salem State University for a Little East contest beginning at noon.