Salem, Mass. – The Framingham State University field hockey team tallied three second half goals as the Rams erased a 4-2 deficit and secured a 5-4 victory over Salem State University in Little East Conference (LEC) action this afternoon at Alumni Field.
- Score: Framingham State 5, Salem State 4
- Records: Framingham State (3-11, 1-9 LEC), Salem State (0-15, 0-1 LEC)
- Location: Alumni Field - Salem, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams netted the first goal of the game in the sixth minute as senior Meaghann Ackerman (Littleton, Mass.) found the back of the net off a feed from sophomore Marissa Dias (Attleboro, Mass.).
- The lead was short lived as Alyssa Drouin tallied her first of the game 30 seconds late tying the game at 1-1.
- The Vikings would go on to score the next three goals of the contest and open up a 4-1 lead. Drouin, Vanessa Yavorski and Jillian Danton all tallied goals for the Vikings in the first half.
- The Rams cut the deficit to just before halftime on the first of the game from senior Bailey Donelly (Framingham, Mass.).
- The Rams held the Vikings to just one shot on goal in the second half as they mounted their come back.
- Freshman Julia Tetrault (Sutton, Mass.) tallied the first of the half in the 52nd minute and Donelly followed with the equalizer seven minutes later.
- The Rams, who had six corners in the second half, tallied the go ahead marker with less than seven minutes remaining in the game as Tetreault scored off a feed from Sacha Bonilla-Mena (Littleton, Mass.).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams received two goals apiece from Donelly and Tetreault, while Dias finished the game with two helpers. Ackerman finished the contest with a goal and an assist.
- The Rams held a 12-10 edge in shots in the game, while each team took 10 penalty corners.
- Freshman Grace Pushor earned the victory in net for the Rams making four saves, while Kaitlyn O'Shea took the loss for the Vikings while making five saves.
The Rams are back in action on Monday when they host Nichols College in a non-conference contest at 4:30 p.m.