Framingham, Mass.- The Eastern Connecticut State field hockey team defeated Framingham State by a score of 2-1 in a Little East matchup Wednesday afternoon at Maple Street Field.
- Score: Framingham State 1, Eastern Conn. State 2
- Records: Framingham State (2-5, 1-2 LEC), Eastern Conn. State (2-5, 2-1 LEC)
- Location: Maple Street Field – Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Warriors got on the board in the 7th minute when Bryce Makula (Guilford, Conn.) opened scoring off a pass from Khiara Valentine (Morristown, NJ).
- The Rams had a good look to tie the game late in the 1st quarter but Amy Smith (Trumball, Conn.) cleared the ball off the line with the defensive save.
- The Warriors extended their lead in the 36th minute when Valentine scored after collecting the rebound of a shot by Morgan Sanson (Thomaston, Conn.).
- The Rams cut into the Warriors lead in the 47th minute when Mallory Weir (Bear, DE) tapped in a long strike from Bella Kondi (Canaan, NH).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Keira Integlia (Branford, Conn.) was outstanding in net for the Warriors turning away nine shots in the win for Eastern.
- Grace Pushor (Old Town, ME) made five stops in net for the Rams.
- The Warriors outshot the Rams 13-to-12 in the contest including a 8-to-2 margin in the 2nd half.
- The visitors were awarded 15 penalty corners to the Rams 10 attempts.
The Rams return to action on Saturday, September 28th when they travel to Plymouth State for a Little East contest. The Warriors will host to Keene State on the same day at noon.