Amherst, Mass.—The Framingham State men's basketball team was defeated by Amherst College 96-62 in the opening game of the Ken Wright Amherst College Invitational Friday evening.
Score: Amherst College 96, Framingham State University 62
Records:Amherst College (1-0) Framingham State (1-1)
Location: LeFrak Gymnasium - Amherst, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Mammoths jumped out to an early advantage leading 18-5 in the first seven minutes of the game and entered the break with a commanding 55-29 lead.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Mammoths were led by Grant Robinson who scored twenty points going five-for-seven from the floor and 10-of-13 from the line. Josh Chery added 13 points and Eric Sellew had a team best nine boards.
- The Rams received a game-high 22 points from Manny Payton (Fitchburg, Mass.) who went 7-for-17 from the field and a team high seven rebounds. Tyri Hampton (Fitchburg, Mass.) added 7 points and Cameren McCloud- Thomas (Springfield, Mass.) added five off the bench.
- The Rams shot 37% from the floor but only 52% from the line. Amherst shot 53% from the floor and 33% from long range.
- Framingham State returns to action on Saturday when they play MCLA in the consolation round of the Ken Wright Invitational. Amherst will play Kean in the tournament championship game.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.