Framingham, Mass..—The Suffolk University men's basketball team defeated Framingham State by a score of 79-61 Saturday afternoon in Framingham.
Score: Suffolk University 79, Framingham State University 61
Records:Suffolk University (3-3), Framingham State (1-4)
Location: Athletic Center – Framingham State
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The host Rams scored the opening bucket of the game then Suffolk rattled off a 20-4 run over the next nine minutes to lead 20-6 and led by as many as 24 late in the first.
- After trailing by as much as 26 early in the second, Framingham State was able to cut their deficit to 17 on a few occasions in the frame but Suffolk was able to hold on.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Michael Hagopian (Watertown, Mass.) led Suffolk with a team high 17 points trailed by Brendan Mulson (Albany, NY) who added 16 points and a team best eight rebounds.
- George Grillakis (Lowell, Mass.) contributed 14 points and Alex Jacovides (Tampa, Fla.) added ten points.
- Framingham's Manny Payton (Fitchburg, Mass.) led all scorers with 19 points and five boards.
- Charles Valbrun (Hyde Park, Mass.) added nine points and Khaneil Bruce (Cambridge, Mass.) contributed eight points and five rebounds.
- Suffolk shot 27-or-51 (52.9%) from the field and 13-of-32 (40.6%) from long range.
- The host Rams were 19-for-47 (40.4%) from the floor and 3-for-7 (42.9%) from beyond the arc.
- Suffolk returns to the court on Tuesday, December 4thwhen they travel to Lasell for a 7:00pm start.
- The Rams of Framingham will host WPI on Tuesday evening with a 7:00pm tip.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.