Bristol, RI – The Framingham State University men's basketball team was defeated by Elms College 96-64 this afternoon at the RWU/Courtyard by Marriott Tournament at the Campus Recreation Center on the campus of Roger Williams.
- Scores: Elms 96, Framingham State 64
- Records: Framingham State (0-4), Elms (1-2)
- Location: Campus Recreation Center – Bristol, RI
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams saw three players score in double figures led by 12 points from sophomore Tajahn Joyner. Joyner connected on four-of-eight from the floor and added five assists and two steals.
- Senior Tyri Hampton (Fitchburg, Mass.) added a double double effort of 10 points and 11 rebounds to go along with three assists.
- Junior Cameren McCloud-Thomas (Fitchburg, Mass.) was the final Ram double figures with 10 points and three rebounds. McCloud-Thomas connected on five-of-seven from the floor in the game and added a pair of blocks.
- Elms has six player record double figures led by 16 points on five-of-six shooting from Kewan Smoot, while D.J. Edelen tossed in 15 off the bench.
- Justin Feliciano tallied 14 points and Ahmad Conner added 11, while Tyler Barney and Jaijuan Macklin scored 10 points apiece off the bench.
- The Blazers shot 48% from the floor in the game including 33% from behind the arc, while the Rams connected on 38% of their shots and 37% from behind the arc.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Elms built a 27-10 lead midway through the opening stanza and extended it to 44-21 with just over four minutes remaining in the half.
- The Rams closed the half outscoring the Blazers 11-4 over the final four minutes including nine points from sophomore Jared Gordon-Anderson (Framingham, Mass.) to head to the locker trailing 48-32.
- Elms extended the lead to 54-38 with a run to open the second half before cruising to the victory.
The Rams are back in action Wednesday night when they travel to Wheaton for a non-conference tilt at 7 p.m.