Framingham, Mass.— Plymouth State's Ludvig Steenberg (Stockholm, Sweden) broke a 4-4 tie with just under four minutes to play to send the Panthers to a 6-4 win over Framingham State in MASCAC action Thursday evening at Loring Arena.
Score: Plymouth State 6, Framingham State 4
Records:Plymouth State (10-5-3, 7-2-2 MASCAC), Framingham State (1-14-1, 0-10-1 MASCAC)
Location: Loring Arena- Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Ryan Stevens (Colleyville, TX) opened up the scoring early in the first period for the Panthers scoring with an assist from Michael Covach (Shillington, PA).
- The Rams got on the board in the second when Bryan Whelan (Rockville Centre, NY) scored unassisted.
- The Panthers andwered with two quick scores of the sticks of Steenberg and Peter Laviolette (Nashville, TN) to recapture the lead.
- The Rams answered later in the second when Brendan Williams (Richmond, VA) scored twice to send both squads into the final frame tied.
- The Rams took the lead early in the 4thwhen Whelan again struck with Ryan Paul (Morgan, VT) chipping in with the assist.
- The Panthers quickly answered as Laviolette scored his second of the game less than a minute later.
- That setup Steenberg's shorthanded score to take the lead in the 17thminute and Quinn Carroll's (Amherst, NH) insurance goal on the power play.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- In between the pipes, Andreas Pettersson (Trollhattan, Sweden) made 16 saves in net for the Panthers.
- Adam Calabrese (Philadelphia, PA) made an impressive 55 stops for the Rams.
- Plymouth was 1-for-3 on the man advantage while the Rams were 0-for-4.
- The Panthers will travel to Westfield State on Saturday, January 26th.
- Framingham State will travel to Salem State on the same day with a 2:00 p.m. faceoff.