Framingham, Mass.- The Framingham State men's soccer team scored to first half goals on their way to a 2-0 victory over UMass Dartmouth to open up the 2018 season Friday afternoon at Maple Street Field.
- Score: Framingham State 2, UMass Dartmouth 0
- Records: Framingham State (1-0), UMass Dartmouth (0-1)
- Location: Maple Street Field - Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams opened up the scoring in the 31st minute when Bryce Nardizzi (Framingham, Mass.) sent in a pass from Vinicius Vega (Belo Horizonte, Brazil).
- The Rams added to their lead less than four minutes later when Veiga collected a pass from Isaac De Souza (Sao Paulo, Brazil) dribbled around a defender and sent a low strike past the UMD keeper.
- The Corsairs had an excellent chance to take an early lead when UMD was awarded a penalty shot but the attempt went just wide of the post. The Corsairs also had a chance to cut into the lead late in the second half when Joe Morehead's (Fairhaven, Mass.) shot hit the cross bar and deflected out of harms way.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Corey Davidge (Blackstone, Mass.) made five saves in the shutout win for the Rams.
- Danny Andrade (New Bedford, Mass.) made two saves and allowed two goals in the first half before giving way to Jacob Castro (Swansea, Mass.) who turned away one attempt for UMD.
- The Rams outshot UMD 14-to-11
- The Corsairs collected 26 fouls and four yellow cards to the Rams 23 fouls and two yellow cards in the physical match.
- The Rams travel to Suffolk for a non-conference tilt on Monday, September 3rd at noon
- The Corsairs travel to WPI for non-conference action Saturday,
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.