Milton, Mass. – The Curry College men's soccer team held on for a 1-0 victory over Framingham State University on Wednesday night in a non-conference match-up at Walter M. Katz Field.
- Score: Curry College 1, Framingham State 0
- Records: Curry College (6-2-1), Framingham State (4-3-1)
- Location: Walter M. Katz Field – Milton, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Colonels scored the lone goal in the 54th minute when Nico Sabbatini (Cape Elizabeth, Maine) found the back of the net off an assist from Brandon Rinaldi (Watertown, Conn.).
- After a scoreless first half, Framingham State had the first two shots of the second stanza. Curry then gained possession and took it down the field as Rinaldi found Sabbatini for his third goal of the season.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Curry goalkeeper Paul DeMaio (North Andover, Mass.) finished with 11 saves against 11 shots.
- Both goalies came up with huge saves in the second half as DeMaio came up with five while Corey Davidge (Blackstone, Mass.) finished with one in the second half and four for the game.
- Curry will next host Wentworth on Saturday, September 22 at 1:30 p.m.
- Framingham State returns to action at home against Bridgewater State on Saturday at 11 a.m.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.