Framingham, Mass. – Framingham State junior Bryce Nardizzi (Framingham, Mass.) scored three goals en route to a 3-1 win over Pine Manor Wednesday afternoon at Maple Street Field
- Score: Framingham State 3, Pine Manor 1
- Records: Framingham State (6-3-1), Pine Manor (5-2)
- Location: Maple Street Field,- Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams got on the board in the 30th minute when Nardizzi gathered a loose ball, dribbled around a defender and sent a long strike into the top left portion of the net.
- The Gators answered in the 52nd minute when Jose Gonzalez (Houston, TX) found the back of the net off a pass from Jose Corrales (El Paso, TX).
- Just over ten minutes later a Rams player was taken down in the box which award the host a penalty kick which Nardizzi deposited in the lower left corner to take a 2-1 lead.
- In the 77th minute Nardizzi scored his third of the game after a beautiful lead pass by his younger brother, freshman Jared Nardizzi (Framingham, Mass.)
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Rams keeper Corey Davidge (Blackstone, Mass.) made eight saves in the win for Framingham State.
- Angel Pena (Eagle Pass, TX) made eight stops in the setback for the Gators
- The two sides were even with 19 shots apiece but Rams held the edge in corner kicks 5-to-2.
- Pine Manor will travel to Alfred State on Saturday, September 29th at 3:00 pm.
- Framingham State returns to action at home against Salem State on Saturday at 11 a.m.