Springfield, Mass. – Springfield senior Brad Deckel (Lansdale, Pa.) and freshman Jack Rosenberg (Simsbury, Conn.) scored just 12 seconds apart in the second half to help lift the Pride to a 2-0 non-conference victory over Framingham State on a rainy Tuesday night at Brock-Affleck Field.
- Score: Springfield 2, Framingham State 0,
- Records: Springfield College (8-3), Framingham State (6-4-2)
- Location: Brock-Affleck Field,- Springfield, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Opening the second half of play, Springfield College got on the board when Christian Schneider (Douglas, Mass.) set up Deckel for his four of the year, before Rosenberg scored just 12 seconds later, marking his first-career goal as a member of the Pride, granting the hosts a 2-0 lead over Framingham State.
- Following the two goals, Springfield College was able to sit back and defend, as the Pride held the Rams to just two shots on goal for the remainder of the contest.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Pride held a 24-13 advantage in shots over 90 minutes of play, including a 15-7 margin in the first half, while it was also awarded three corner kicks to Framingham State's one.
- In net for the maroon and white was Stewart Frank (Pittsford, N.Y.), who registered five saves in his eighth win of the year.
- His counterpart, Corey Davidge (Blackstone, Mass.) made four stops and suffered his third loss of the season.
- Framingham State returns to the pitch on Friday, October 5thwhen they travel to MCLA for a MASCAC tilt.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
*Release courtesy of Springfield sports information