Framingham, Mass.- The Framingham State men's soccer team defeated Emerson College by a score of 2-0 in non-conference action on Tuesday afternoon at Maple Street Field.
Score: Framingham State 2, Emerson College 0
Records: Framingham State (9-5-2), Emerson College (3-10-1)
Location: Maple Street Field - Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The two teams played to a scoreless first half thanks to a great leaping save by Rams keeper John Davidge (Blackstone, Mass.) to keep the Lions off the board.
- Emerson keeper David Kemp (London, England) answered early in the second making a diving save off a one-time shot from Isaac De Souza (Sao Paulo, Brazil) to keep the game scoreless.
- The Rams broke the scoreless tie in the 53rdminute when Ken Stahovish (Springfield, Mass.) headed a long pass from Mitchell Thackaberry (Douglas, Mass.) over a leaping Kemp into the back of the net.
- The Rams added to their lead with just over ten minutes to play when De Souza bent a strike past a crashing keeper off a pass from Austin Botelho (Taunton, Mass.).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Kemp made three stops in net for the Lions
- Davidge made six saves in the shutout for the Rams.
- The Lions outshot the Rams 17-to-13 and were awarded 5 corner kicks to the Rams 1.
- Emerson returns to action on Saturday, October 20thwhen they host Wheaton in a NEWMAC clash at 1:00pm.
- The Rams travel to Worcester State on the same day for a MASCAC matchup slated for noon.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.