Framingham, Mass. - The Framingham State University men's soccer team tallied six goals in the second half including converting a pair of penalty kicks as the Rams defeated Lasell College 7-2 this afternoon in non-conference action at Maple Street Field.
- Score: Framingham State 7, Lasell College 2
- Records: Framingham State (11-5-2), Lasell College (4-12-2)
- Location: Maple Street Field – Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams grabbed a 1-0 lead in the fourth minute of the game. Junior Bryce Nardizzi (Framingham, Mass.) sent a ball through to senior Ken Stahovish (Springfield, Mass.). The Laser keeper came off the line and Stahovish placed a shot inside the near post.
- Three minutes later the Lasers knotted the game at 1-1. Senior Connor Wall (East Hampton, Conn.) possessed the ball on the sideline and sent a low shot inside the far post.
- Lasell retook the lead in the 39th minute. Senior Abel Alcantar (Revere, Mass.) sent a direct kick into the box from the end line and senior Sawyer Geelan (Guilford, Conn.) headed it just over the goal line before a Rams defender tried to knock it away.
- The Rams tallied three goals three goals in a four minute span of the second half to take a 4-2 lead. Stahovish took a thru ball and laid another pass off to sophomore Akeem Bucknor (Manchester, Jamaica). Bucknor one timed a shot inside the far post tying the game in the 60th minute.
- In the 63rd minute freshman Odane Scale (Montego Bay, Jamaica) sent a thru pass to Kofi Poku (Kumasi, Ghana) on the right sideline. Poku took the pass made a move and found the back of the net as his shot deflected off the Laser keeper.
- Just 22 seconds later Poku was taken down in the box resulting in a penalty kick for the Rams. Junior Isaac DeSouza (Sao Paulo, Brazil) took the kick and converted with a shot in the top corner for the 4-2 lead.
- The Rams would add three more goals in the second half to reach the final margin including one from junior Samuel Agyakwa (Sunyani Ghana), one from Austin Bothelo (Taunton, Mass.) and a penalty kick from Bryce Nardizzi.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams outshot the Lasers 17-11 in the game and held a 5-3 edge in corner kicks including 3-0 in the second half
- Freshman John Davidge (Blackstone, Mass.) earned the victory in net for the Rams and made two saves, while sophomore Joey Rosa (Stonington, Conn.) took the loss for the Lasers and made six stops.
- Nardizzi and Stahovish finished the contest with a goal and a helper apiece for the Rams.
The Rams close out the regular season at home on Friday when they host Fitchburg State at 5 p.m.