Framingham, Mass.— The top seeded Framingham State men's soccer team scored two first half goals to defeat the #4 seed Worcester State Lancers by a score of 2-1 in the MASCAC semifinal to advance to the Championship Game on Sunday afternoon at 3:00pm.
Score: Framingham State University 2, Worcester State 1
Records: Framingham State (13-5-2), Worcester State (7-9-3)
Location: Maple Street Field– Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams got on the board in the sixth minute when Isaac De Souza (Sao Paulo, Brazil) sent a long strike into the bottom left corner of the net off a one-time pass from Ibrahim Kyeyune (Kampala, Uganda).
- Framingham State added to their lead when De Souza sent a long lead pass from beyond midfield that was deflected off a Lancers defender, gathered by Ken Stahovish (Springfield, Mass.) and driven into the back of the goal.
- The Lancers best chance to score in the first half came right around the 35thminute when Rams keeper Corey Davidge (Blackstone, Mass.) made a diving save off a shot from Ethan Melia (Shrewsbury, Mass.) left to right 35thminute
- The Lancers had another great look with about 12 minutes remaining when Melia hit the crossbar off a corner kick.
- The Lancers scored in the 88thminute on a penalty kick converted by Bryan Brasil (Williamsburg, Mass.).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Davidge made six saves in the win for Framingham State.
- Henri Guilmette (Franklin, Mass.) made nine saves in the loss for the Lancers.
- The Rams outshot the Lancers 18-to-17 while each team took eight corners.
- The Rams advance to MASCAC Championship game on Sunday, November 4that 3pm.
- The Lancers see their season close at 7-9-3.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.