Men’s Soccer Rolls Through Mass Maritime

Men’s Soccer Rolls Through Mass Maritime

Framingham, Mass.- The Framingham State men's soccer team used four goal scorers to down Mass. Maritime 5-0 in a MASCAC matchup Friday evening on the canal. 


- Score: Framingham State 5, Mass. Maritime 0

- Records: Framingham State (4-5, 2-0 MASCAC), Mass Maritime (1-7-2, 0-2 MASCAC)

Location: Clean Harbors Stadium - Buzzards Bay, Mass.


  • For the Rams, Bryce Nardizzi (Framingham, Mass) scored twice on four shots on target. 
  • Gustavo Cassemiro (Minas Gerais, Brazil), Naheul Algibay (Montevideo, Uruguay) and Josh Ofosu (Chelmsford, Mass) were the other goal scorers for the Rams.
  • Sophomore Ibrahim Kyeyune (Kampala, Uganda) was credited with an assist in the game.
  • Senior goalkeeper Corey Davidge (Blackstone, Mass) made seven saves on seven shots faced.
  • The Buccaneers took 16 shots, seven on target, three of which came from the foot and head of junior captain Ben Paine (Dartmouth, Mass).
  • Senior Andre Wayrynen (Rockport, Mass) put two shots on target for Maritime.
  • Sophomore goalkeeper Mitch Hardy (Pepperell, Mass) made seven saves and allowed five goals on 12 shots faced.


  • Framingham attacked from the first whistle and the Buccaneers defense held strong, turning possession over and starting counter-attacks for the offense.
  • In the 28th minute, Algibay broke the scoreless tie, scoring the eventual game winner. Nardizzi, from Kyeyune, scored in the 39th minute to make it 2-0, which would be the score at halftime.
  • After being outshot, 20-8, in the first half, The Buccaneer defense buckled down early in the second half. In the second 45 the teams each took eight shots, Maritime matching their first half total.
  • In the 65th minute, Cassemiro put a shot in to the bottom left hand corner from right of goal to make it 3-0.
  • In the 70th minute, a foul was called on Maritime's keeper in the box to set up a penalty kick attempt which was converted by Ofosu to extend the Ram lead to 4-0.
  • Nardizzi scored his second goal in the 72nd minute to bring the score to 5-0, which would be the final of the match.


The Rams return to the pitch on Monday, September 30th when they host Springfield College at 3:45pm.