Framingham, Mass.- The Framingham State men's soccer team defeated Worcester State by a score of 2-0 to stay undefeated in MASCAC play, Saturday afternoon at Maple Street Field.
- Score: Framingham State 2, Worcester State 0
- Records: Framingham State (5-6, 3-0 MASCAC), Worcester State (3-7, 1-2 MASCAC)
- Location: Maple Street Field – Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After a scoreless first half that saw the Lancers outshoot the Rams 10-to-4 the Rams broke through early in the second half.
- In the 56th minute Gustavo Cassemiro (Minas Gerais, Brazil) dribbled around two defenders before sending a strike into the back of the net for the 1-0 lead.
- Less than a minute late Cassemiro sent in a pass that was redirected by Bryant Nardizzi (Framingham, Mass.) and finished by Isaac De Souza (Sao Paulo, Brazil) to go up 2-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Rams keeper Corey Davidge (Blackstone, Mass.) made six stops in net for the Framingham.
- Henri Guilmette (Franklin, Mass.) made frive saves for the Lancers.
- The Lancers held a slim advantage in shot 15-to-12, 15-to-14 on net.
The Lancers return to the pitch on Thursday, October 10th when they travel to Becker. The Rams will host Dean in non- conference action on Wednesday, October 9th.