Cortland, N.Y. – The Framingham State University softball team rallied in the bottom of the seventh, but their comeback fell short as the Rams were defeated 4-1 by Cortland in an elimination game of the 2019 NCAA Division III Softball Tournament at the Cortland Regional at Dragon Field.
- Scores: Cortland 4, Framingham State 1
- Records: Framingham State (24-21), Cortland (30-15)
- Location: Dragon Field – Cortland, N.Y.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Cortland jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the top of the first inning capitalizing on four hits and three walks to score four times in the frame.
- Cady Walts limited the Rams to just one hit over the first six innings and no runs, before the Rams got on the board in the seventh.
- Senior Lauren Salisbury (Cranston, RI) walked to lead off the inning and move to second when freshman Farrah Adam (West Springfield, Mass.) walked. After a strikeout and a ground out, the Rams had runners on second and third for sophomore Victoria Ziner (Easton, Mass.). Ziner delivered an RBI single to left scoring Salisbury. Junior Kirsten Dick (Tewksbury, Mass.) walked loading the bases for the Rams with two outs, but a fielder's choice ended the game and secure the victory for the Red Dragons.
- Senior Kelsi Gunarathne (North Providence, RI) took the loss for the Rams going seven inning allowing four earned runs on eight hits with four walks and three strikeouts.
- Walts earned the win for Cortland going seven innings allowing one earned run on two hits with four walks and five strikeouts.