Northampton, Mass. – The Framingham State University women's lacrosse team received three goals and an assist from sophomore Alissa Marino (Trumbull, Conn.) as the Rams defeated Smith College 12-4 in non-conference action at this evening.
- Score: Framingham State 12, Smith 4
- Records: Framingham State (8-3), Smith (7-4)
- Location: Northampton, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Marino paced the Rams on the attack with her three goals and assist, while junior Grace Gamache (Dartmouth, Mass.) added two goals and a helper.
- Sophomore Jenna McMahon (Watertown, Mass.) and freshman Tar Palermo tallied two goals apiece, while Audrey Duhaime (Belchertown, Mass.), Nicole Pacheco (Woburn, Mass.) and Hanna McMahon (Watertown, Mass.) tallied a single goal apiece.
- The Rams, who never trailed in the game, took a 2-0 lead after goals by Hanna McMahon and Gamache in the contest's first eight minutes. After a goal by Smith, the Rams tacked on two more pushing the lead to 4-1.
- Emily Biggs scored for the Pioneers with just over 15 minutes left in the first, but Duhaime and Jenna McMahon scored to close the half for the Rams and send them to the locker room leading 6-2.
- The Rams scored the first four goals of the second half and never looked back as they cruised to the non-conference victory.
- Senior Indigo Fox Tree-McGrath (Bedford, Mass.) made five saves for the Rams en route to her eighth victory in net on the season.
- The Rams held a 12-6 edge in draw controls for the game, while also holding a 25-11 edge in shots.
The Rams are back in action on Saturday when they travel to Bridgewater State for a MASCAC clash beginning at 12 p.m.