Salem, Mass. – The Framingham State University women's lacrosse team sailed out to a 12-0 lead at the half as they defeated Salem State University 17-2 this afternoon in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action.
- Score: Framingham State 17, Salem State 2
- Records: Framingham State (12-3, 5-0 MASCAC), Salem State (3-11, 2-3 MASCAC)
- Location: Salem, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams jumped out to a 7-0 lead in the first eight minutes of the contest. Sophomore Alissa Marino (Trumbull, Conn.) struck first off a feed from junior Grace Gamache (Dartmouth, Mass.) just over a minute into the game.
- Three seconds later off the draw, Gamache found the back of the net for her first of the game off a feed from senior Shae Riley (Fairhaven, Mass.). Junior Morgan Begley (Milton, Mass.) and senior Tess Destino (Gloucester, Mass.) scored 11 seconds apart, and Marino and sophomore Jenna McMahon (Watertown, Mass.) scored pushed the lead to 7-0.
- Gamache tallied her second of the game pushing the lead to 8-0 with just under 20 minutes remaining and she found the back of the net off a feed from Nicole Pacheco (Woburn, Mass.) with five minutes left in the first to head to the locker room leading 12-0.
- In the second half, Marino converted off a Gamache feed for the 13-0 lead before Amanda Bradley got the Vikings on the board.
- The Rams would score the next three pushing the lead to 16-1 before the two teams traded goals in the last five minutes to reach the final margin.
- Gamache finished the game with three goals and four assists for seven points which now gives her 238 career points which is a new FSU career record. Gamache surpassed the old mark of 233 held by former Ram Kerry Kiley who wore the black and gold from 2009-2012.
- Senior Indigo Fox Tree-McGrath (Bedford, Mass.) and sophomore Mikayla Seavey (Bridgewater, Mass.) combined to made five saves in net for the Rams.
The Rams are back in action on Wednesday when they travel to Mass. Maritine for a MASCAC contest beginning at 7 p.m.