Framingham, Mass. – The Framingham State University women's lacrosse team received six goals from sophomore Alissa Marino (Trumbull, Conn.) and eight assists from junior Grace Gamache (Dartmouth, Mass.) as the top seeded Rams defeated fourth seed Worcester State 17-11 in one semifinal of the 2019 Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) Women's Lacrosse Tournament this evening at Maple Street Field.
- Score: Framingham State 17, Worcester State 11
- Records: Framingham State (15-3), Worcester State (11-6)
- Location: Maple Street Field – Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- With the victory, the Rams advance and will host the finals of the MASCAC Tournament on Saturday and will face third seeded Westfield State who defeated Bridgewater State in the other semifinal this evening.
- Gamache tallied a pair of goals in the game and added eight assists which ties her single game assist mark that she established a year ago, while Marino added six goals, including the 100th of her career, and two helpers. Junior Nicole Pacheco (Woburn, Mass.) scored three times for the Rams.
- The Lancers got on the board first when junior Rachel Hopkins converted a free position shot just under four minutes into the game.
- The Rams answered with three straight taking a 3-1 advantage. Marino converted off a feed from Gamache and junior Morgan Begley (Milton, Mass.) converted a free position shot. Marino connected off another Gamache pass once again for the third of the spurt with 22 minutes on the clock.
- The Lancers tallied two straight tying the game at 3-3. Junior Kelly Austin (Brimfield, Mass.) struck first off a feed from sophomore Coley Hayes (Norwood, Mass.) and then Hayes scored unassisted.
- The Rams responded with five straight taking an 8-3 lead with 7:10 on the clock, but the Lancers answered with two cutting the deficit back to three (8-5).
- The Rams closed the half with goals from freshman Tara Palermo (Mashpee, Mass.) and Marino to head to the half leading 10-5.
- The Rams pushed the lead to eight (15-7) midway through the second half, before two from the Lancers cut the deficit to 15-9. The Rams answered with goals from Marino and junior Perin Genaway (Hinsdale, Mass.) before the Lancers tallied two in the final 10 minutes to reach the final margin.
- Austin finished the game with four goals and an assist for the Lancers, while Hayes finished with three goals and a helper.
- Senior Indigo Fox Tree-McGrath (Bedford, Mass.) earned the win in net for the Rams and made three saves, while Chloe O'Brien made one save for the Lancers.
The Rams are back in action on Saturday in the finals of the 2019 MASCAC Tournament when they host third seed Westfield State at 1 p.m. at Maple Street Field.