Framingham, Mass.- The Clark University women's soccer team scored three second-half goals to surge to a 4-1 win over Framingham State in non-conference action Friday evening at Maple Street Field.
- Score: Clark University Cougars 4, Framingham State Rams 1
- Records: Clark University (1-0), Framingham State (0-1)
- Location: Maple Street Field - Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Clark opened up the scoring in the 31st minute when Macy Golman (Dallas, Texas) sent in a long shot from about thirty-five years out over the leaping Rams keeper.
- The Rams tied the score just over five minute later when a Clark player committed a foul in the box leading to a penalty kick which Kaleigh Pallotta (Hanover, Mass.) deposited into the top of the cage.
- The Cougars took the lead in the 72nd minute and never looked back. Inonge Kaloustian (Bowie, MD) gathered a one-time pass and sent it into the open net.
- A few moments later Mia Advocate (Merrick, NY) struck a one-timer past a diving Rams keeper to extend the lead to 3-to-1.
- The Cougars capped their scoring in the 88th minute when Abby Souza (Hope, RI) scored off an assist from Advocate.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Madison Brown (Attleboro, Mass.) made 12 stops in her collegiate debut for FSU.
- Alison Carroll (Douglas, Mass.) made three stops in the win for the Cougars
- Clark outshot the Rams 26-to-7 in the contest and 14-to-2 in the second stanza.
- The Rams travel to Coast Guard for a non-conference tilt on Wednesday, September 5th at 4:30 pm.
- The Cougars host Southern Vermont on Tuesday, September 4th at 7:00 pm.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.