Salem, Mass. – Framingham State freshman Olivia Mihalek (Northborough, Mass.) scored a goal and added the game-winning assist in Framingham State's 3-2 win over the Vikings of Salem State on Saturday afternoon at Alumni Field.
- Score: Framingham State 3, Salem State 2
- Records: Framingham State (1-7, 1-2 MASCAC), Salem State (2-5, 1-2 MASCAC)
- Location: Alumni Field – Salem, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- All the scoring took place in the first half as the teams combined for 17 shots. In the 2ndminute, Ashley Leboeuf (Dracut, Mass.) found a wide-open Casey McFall (Wilmington, Mass.), who slipped a shot past keeper Madison Brown (Attleboro, Mass.) for an early goal for the Vikings. In the 7th minute,
- Erin Angelilo (Southington, CT) delivered a cross from 20 yards out to Nicole Gentilucci (Millbury, Mass.) for a score to even the game at 1-1.
- Mihalek then regained the lead for the Rams with a shot that squeezed inside the left post in the 19th minute.
- In the 25th minute, Brown was caught out of position and Leboeuf was able to slip a shot into the back of the net tying the game at 2-2.
- With six minutes left in the first half, Mihalek assisted on Jasmine Lees' (Middleboro, Mass.) eventual game-winner. Lees connected on a shot that found the right side of the net putting the Rams up 3-2.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- For Framingham State, Brown had four saves for the game.
- Vikings' starter Amanda Backe (Danvers, Mass.) was replaced in the second half by Rebecca Sabino (Peabody, Mass.) as the two goalkeepers each finished with four saves.
- The Rams host non-conference foe Curry College on Wednesday afternoon at 4:30.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
*Release courtesy of Salem State sports information