Framingham, Mass.- The WPI women's soccer team used six different scores to down the Rams 8-1 on a beautiful afternoon at Maple Street Field.
- Score: WPI 8 Framingham State 1
- Records: WPI (3-0), Framingham State (0-3)
- Location: Maple Street Field – Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- WPI got on the board in the 7th minute when Sofia Orrico (Bethel, Conn.) tipped in a cross from Jill Comeau (North Reading, Mass.).
- The visitors tallied again less than a minute later when Kristen McCrea (Weymouth, Mass.) dribbled by a defender and sent in a strike after a pass from Elizabeth Rocco (Fresh Meadows, NY).
- WPI tallied four more goals in the first half to head into the break 6-0. McCrea scored at the 23-minute mark followed by a Comeau score with help from Lilly Proulx (New Boston, NH). Then a Proulx score with a helper from Caitlin Bonavita (Wilbraham, Mass.) finished off by another Proulx score with an assist from Lauren Kaija (Reading, VT).
- The Rams got on the board when Casey Good (Dartmouth, Mass.) sent in a long strike from about 30 yards to cut the WPI lead to five scores.
- The Engineers answered with scores in the 80th and 90th minute to cap the scoring.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Mandy St. Germain (Worcester, Mass.) made three stops in the first half to earn the win for the Engineers before giving way to Lauren Paul (Schaghticoke, NY).
- Madison Brown (Attleboro, Mass.) made eight stops in the setback for the Rams.
- Proulx led all scorers with two goals and an assist while McCrea finished with two goals on the afternoon.
- WPI outshot the host Rams 29-to-7 and were awarded four corners to the Rams three.
WPI host Trinity Sunday, September 8th at 1pm. The Rams host Becker College on Tuesday, September 10th at 4:30pm.