North Adams, Mass.- The MCLA Trailblazers women's soccer defeated Framingham State 1-0 in double overtime to close out the regular season Saturday afternoon at Shewcraft Field.
- Score: MCLA 1, Framingham State 0 (2 OT)
- Records: MCLA (3-14, 1-6 MASCAC), Framingham State (2-13-1, 2-5 MASCAC)
- Location: Shewcraft Field – North Adams, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- MCLA junior Cetera Moore (Ballston Spa, NY) gathered a loose ball dribbled past a Rams defender and sent a long drive inside the left post to break a nearly 106 minute scoreless spell and send the Trailblazers over the Rams in double overtime.
- Madison Brown (Attleboro, Mass.) made seven saves in the setback for the Rams.
- Megan Richardson (Adams, Mass.) made an impressive 15 stops in the shutout win for the hosts.
- The two teams played a fairly even 106 minutes with the Rams holding the advantage in shots 22-to-20. The Rams did find the net on 15 of those attempts to the Trailblazers 6.
- The Rams were awarded 11 corner kicks to only one for MCLA.
The Rams await the MASCAC Tournament seedings announced by the conference. They will play in a first round game on Tuesday, November 5th.