North Dartmouth, Mass.- The Framingham State outdoor women's outdoor track and field team competed at the Corsairs Classic hosted by UMass Dartmouth Saturday morning.
- Meet: Corsair Classic
- Location: UMass Dartmouth- North Dartmouth, Mass.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams had five runners compete in the 100 meter dash with junior Valerie Christian(Monson, Mass.) leading the way with a 31st place finish in a time of 14.5. Following not far behind was freshman Patrice Haney (Holbrook, Mass.) with a time of 14.59. Junior Harriet Koramoah (Worcester, Mass.) and freshman Victoria Gibbs (Hudson, Mass.) finished at 16.25 and 16.87, respectively while junior Charys Lopes-Dishmey (Lowell, Mass.) wrapped up her 100 meter at 18.35.
- In the 200 meter race sophomore Chey Newsome(New Bedford, Mass.) crossed at 32.33 followed by Gibbs at 37.59.
- Freshman Ashley Bosch (Ashby, Mass.) was the lone competitor in the 800 meters crossing at 2:57:29, while Amena El-Sayed (Milton, Mass.) & Eliza Weisse (Hampden, Mass.) led the way in the 1500 meters at 5:28.28 and 5:28.38, respectively.
- In the 4x100 relay the team of Christian, Haney, Newsome and Lopes-Dishmey finished tenth with a time of 56.80
- In the long jump Christian placed 16th a 4.52 meters while Haney scored 16th at the triple jump.
- Junior Julia Sanborn (Dracut, Mass.) had a solid in the discus throw playing 7th overall at 30.81m. Marissa Dias (Attleboro, Mass.) and Gabrielle Chona (Worcester, Mass.) both threw the javelin at 13.73m and 9.38m respectfully.
The Rams are back in action on Saturday, April 6th at the Jim Sheehan Memorial Invitational hosted by Fitchburg State with events starting at 10:00am.