Fitchburg, Mass. – The Framingham State outdoor women's outdoor track and field team had an outstanding day at the Eric Loeschner Track & Field Invitational hosted by Fitchburg State with junior Valerie Christian (Monson, Mass.) winning the long jump and the 4X100 relay team also winning their event.
- Meet: Eric Loeschner Track & Field Invitational
- Location: Fitchburg State University
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Christian records her first victory in the long jump after leaping 4.44m (14-07.00). Christian was more than a foot better than the second place finisher.
- The Rams 4x100 meter relay team was victorious in a time of 55.62 crossing three tenths of a second ahead of Thomas College who placed second.
- The Rams had five racers compete individually in the 100m dash with Christian leading the way in fourth place in a time of 13.7. Freshman Patrice Haney (Holbrook, Mass.) and junior Harriet Koramoah (Worcester, Mass.) followed in ninth and tenth in times of 14.54 and 15.62, while sophomore Kiyana Chataigne (Worcester, Mass.) crossed at 15.80.
- Junior Julia Sanborn (Dracut, Mass.) finished second in the discus throw with a toss of 31.74m (104-02), while Gabrielle Chona (Worcester, Mass.) was the Rams lone competitor in the javelin with a toss of 11.06m.
- In the 200m dash, Chataigne led the way in 11th place at 32.11, while Marissa Dias (Attleboro, Mass.) followed at 33:97 and Victoria Gibbs (Hudson, Mass.) at 36.70.
- Haney placed third in the triple jump with a jump of 9.24m (30-03.75).
- Freshman Kathryn Hayes (Dedham, Mass.) was the Rams lone competitor in the 1500m run finishing 12th in a time of 5:58, while Chinyere Newsome (New Bedford, Mass.) placed second in the 400m hurdles in a time of 1:20.
- Amena El-Sayed (Milton, Mass.) and Eliza Weisse (Hampden, Mass.) raced in the 5000m run with El-Sayed placing fourth at 20:58 and Weisse sixth at 21:04.
- As a team, the Rams placed fourth with 55 total points.
The Rams are back in action next Saturday at the MASCAC Championships hosted by Fitchburg State.