Newport, RI - The Framingham State University volleyball team dropped a pair of non-conference matches this afternoon as they were defeated 3-1 by Rhode Island College and 3-0 by Salve Regina University at the Rodgers Recreation Center on the campus of Salve Regina.
- Score: RIC 3, Framingham State 1 – Salve Regina 3, Framingham State 0
- Records: Framingham State (5-5), Salve Regina (9-3), Rhode Island College (5-4)
- Location: Rodger Recreation Center – Newport, RI
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
RIC 3, FSU 1
- Rhode Island College defeated the Rams by scores of 25-21, 25-20, 18-25 and 25-11.
- Freshman Brandee Thomas (North Kingstown, RI) paced the Rams with a team-best 12 kills on 47 attempts in their opening match of the day.
- Sophomore Brandey Rodriguez (Lawrence, Mass.) added seven kills and three digs, while sophomore Grace Caughey (Mendon, Mass.) added eight kills on 34 swings with 13 digs.
- Freshman Alyssa Cafarelli (Peoria, AZ) also recorded 13 digs, while senior Mackenzie Whalen (Norton, Mass.) added 29 assists and eight digs.
- The Anchorwomen received 17 kills and nine digs from Jillian Ward, while Amelia Murphy chipped in with 14 kills and Jessica Brielmaier added 11 kills. Marisa Brynes led the back row with 30 defensive digs, while Jacqueline Jutras chipped in with 10 and 42 set assists.
Salve Regina 3, FSU 0
- Salve Regina defeated the Rams by scores of 25-17, 25-10 and 25-11.
- The Rams received five kills from Thomas and Rodriguez.
- Whalen recorded 17 set assists and seven digs, while Cafarelli led the way with 15 defensive digs.
- The Seahawks were paced by a match-best 11 kills from Annie Donahue, while Cassidy Trabilcy added eight and 10 digs.
- Megan Parham added 13 digs, while Madison Lee has a strong game from the service line with six aces.
The Rams are back in action on Tuesday evening when they travel to Fitchburg State for a MASCAC match beginning at 5 p.m.