Henniker, NH - The Framingham State University volleyball team swept a non-conference tri-match with New England College and Curry College this morning at Bridges Gym. The Rams defeated the Pilgrims by a score of 3-0 before closing the day with a 3-1 win over the Colonels.
- Scores: Framingham State 3, New England College 0 – Framingham State 3, Curry 1
- Records: Framingham State (10-7), New England College (5-13), Curry (3-10)
- Location: Bridges Gym – Henniker, NH
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
FSU 3, NEC 0
- Framingham State defeated New England College by scores of 25-22, 25-20 and 26-24.
- Freshman Brandee Thomas (North Kingstown, RI) paced the Rams with a team-best 12 kills on 33 attempts with two errors and added two digs and two blocks.
- Sophomore Brandey Rodriguez (Lawrence, Mass.) also recorded 12 kills on her 23 attempts with a .348 attack percentage.
- Sophomore Grace Caughey (Mendon, Mass.) also recorded double digit kills with 11 to go along with three aces and six digs.
- Freshman Alyssa Cafarelli (Peoria, AZ) paced the back row with 11 digs and six assists, while junior Deirdre Fay (Cornwall, NY) added nine and four kills. Senior Mackenzie Whalen (Norton, Mass.) chipped in with 34 set assists and eight digs.
FSU 3, Curry 1
- The Rams defeated Curry by scores of 26-24, 25-22, 23-25, 25-10.
- Caughey paced the Rams against Curry with a team-best 13 kills, eight digs and three aces, while Rodriguez added 12 kills and five digs.
- Thomas added 11 kills, while Whalen paced the defensive effort with 26 digs and 38 assists. Cafarelli added 12 digs, while Fay chipped in with nine kills and 16 digs.
The Rams are back in action on Tuesday evening when they travel to Fitchburg State for a MASCAC match beginning at 5 p.m.