Framingham, Mass. - The Framingham State University volleyball team cruised to a 3-0 victory over the Massachusetts Maritime Academy Buccaneers this evening in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at the Athletic Center.
- Score: Framingham State 3, Mass. Maritime 0 (25-10, 25-13, 25-18)
- Records: Framingham State (15-10, 4-2 MASCAC), Mass. Maritime (1-17, 1-5 MASCAC)
- Location: Athletic Center - Framingham, Mass.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams jumped out to a 15-5 lead in the first set and cruised the victory in the frame. In the second set, the Rams took the lead once again, but a Mass. Maritime run pulled the visitors within two (14-12). After a timeout, the Rams closed the set with an 11-1.
- The Rams were paced on the attack by 16 kills on 23 attempts by freshman Brandee Thomas (North Kingstown, RI). Thomas had just one attack error for the match and hit .652 for the contest.
- Junior Deirdre Fay (Cornwall, NY) contributed seven kills and four digs, while senior Mackenzie Whalen (Norton, Mass.) chipped in with 19 set assists and 11 defensive digs.
- Sophomores Grace Caughey (Mendon, Mass.) and Brandey Rodriguez (Lawrence, Mass.) had six kills apiece, while freshman Alyssa Cafarelli (Peoria, AZ) added six digs.
- The Bucs were led by a team-high seven kills on 23 attempts from junior Marie Harrison (Weymouth, Mass.). Harrison also added a team-high 11 defensive digs and an assist.
- Junior Michelle Sheehan (Attleboro, Mass.) chipped in with 11 set assists and four digs, while sophomore Madison Coughlin (Monroe, Conn.) added a kills, two service aces and two digs.
- Junior Tina Ruggeri (Bourne, Mass.) added six digs for the Bucs.
The Rams are back in action tomorrow night when they host the University of St. Joseph's (ME) in a non-conference contest at 6 p.m., while the Buccaneers travel to Dean College on Saturday for a 10 a.m. match.