Framingham, Mass. - The Framingham State University volleyball team cruised to a 3-0 victory over the Pilgrims of New England College in non-conference action this evening at the Athletic Center.
- Score: Framingham State 3, NEC 0 (25-20, 25-22, 25-20)
- Records: Framingham State (4-5), New England College (4-7)
- Location: Athletic Center - Framingham, Mass.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- New England College jumped out to a 7-1 lead in the first before the Rams cut the gap to one at 9-8. The two teams traded points before the Rams tied the game at 14-14 and took their first lead of the frame, 16-15, on a Pilgrim error. The Rams pushed the lead to three, 20-17, before taking the set 25-20.
- In the second, the Rams took a quick lead but a spurt by the Pilgrims cut the gap to one, 11-10. The Rams reestablished a slim lead before extending the lead to 21-16. NEC once again closed the gap to two, 23-21, but the Rams secured the victory in the set.
- In the third, the Rams led 14-10 midway through the frame before NEC closed the gap to 21-19, but the Rams were able to rally and secure the victory.
- Sophomore Brandee Thomas (North Kingstown, RI) paced the Rams on the attack with 10 kills on 29 attempts with just four errors for a .207 attack percentage.
- Senior Deirdre Fay (Cornwall, NY) added seven kills, seven digs and four service aces in the match, while freshman Hailey Sanders (Franklin, Mass.) added five kills and three blocks.
- Junior Brenna Marquis (Coventry, Conn.) chipped in with eight digs, while sophomore Alyssa Cafarelli (Peoria, AZ) added six.
- Junior Morgan Failla (Providence, RI) recorded 15 assists, while freshman Emily Flaherty (Milford, NH) added 11.
- The Pilgrims were paced by 13 kills on 30 attempts from freshman Shirita Wimberly who also added eight digs and two service aces.
- Sophomore Tihani Ehia chipped in with 11 kills and five digs, while junior Dreka Griffin added six kills.
- Freshman Jaycie Kodama paced the back row with 13 defensive digs and six assists, while Maggie Dadum added eight digs and 16 assists.
The Rams are back in action on Saturday when they travel to MIT for a non-conference tri-match with Smith beginning at 2 p.m., while the Pilgrims travel to Bay Path on Saturday at 1 p.m.