Westfield, Mass. – The Framingham State University women's cross country team placed 14th out of 29 teams in the James Earley Invitational women's 5k race hosted by Westfield State Saturday morning.
- Finish: Framingham State finished in 14th place, while Smith finished in first place.
- Location: Holyoke Community College – hosted by Westfield State
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Freshman Eliza Weisse (Hampden, Mass.) was the Rams top finisher completing the 5K course through the campus of Holyoke CC in a time of 19:51.
- Juniors Amena El-Sayed (Milton, Mass.) and Beatrice Donoghue (Rowley, Mass.) were the next finished for the Rams crossing the line just under 20 seconds apart at 20:30 and 20:59 respectively.
- Sophomore Eri Takahashi (Plymouth, Mass.) followed at 21:14, while freshman Kammarie Pelland (Fitchburg, Mass.) and junior Dana Arburr (Glastonbury, Conn.) finished at 22:10 and 22:11.
- Closing out the field for the Rams in the varsity race was freshman Kathryn Hayes (Dedham, Mass.) at 23:19.
The Rams are back in action on Octobe 12th at the Suffolk Invitational at Franklin Park.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics, follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.