Framingham, Mass.— The Framingham State men's ice hockey team fell to MASCAC foe UMass Dartmouth by a score of 4-2 Saturday evening at Loring Arena.
Score: UMass Dartmouth 4, Framingham State 2
Records: UMass Dartmouth (9-8-1, 6-4-1 MASCAC), Framingham State (1-13-1, 0-9-1 MASCAC)
Location: Loring Arena- Framingham, Mass.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the opening minute of the game the Corsairs were assessed a major penalty giving the Rams an early opportunity but it was the visitors who took the early advantage when Dillon Radin (Long Beach, NY) forced a turnover in their offensive zone and beat the Rams goalie over the right shoulder to take a 1-0 lead.
- UMD tallied another score about halfway through the period when Steven Leonard (Rockaway Park, NY) scored on a one-time pass from Jonathan Ruiz (Williamstown, NJ).
- Later on in the period while the Rams were serving a five-minute major the visitors tallied a score on the power play when Kai Kapossy (Fort Lauderdale, FL) snuck in a rebound of a shot from Jimmy Pelton (Syracuse, NY) to skate into the first break up 3-0.
- The Rams scored the only goal in the second when midway through period when Jack Pierson (Livonia, MI) flicked a pass from behind the net by Erick Walsh (Acton, PA) over the lunge Corsairs goalie.
- The Corsairs got back in the goal column early in the third when Mason Nichols (Oveido, FL) scored off an assist from Eric Bolden (Oswego, IL).
- The Rams had a two-man advantage for nearly 40 seconds just outside of the two-minute remaining mark but couldn't break through until the final seconds when Soren Colstrup (Owantan, MN) scored the final tally.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- In between the pipes, Tommy Bay (Duluth, GA) made 28 saves in net for the Corsiars.
- Greg Harney (East Haven, Conn.) made 46 stops for the Rams.
- UMD was 1-for-5 on the man advantage while the Rams were 0-for-6.
- The Corsairs will travel to Worcester State on Thursday, January 24th.
- Framingham State will host Plymouth State on the same day with a 7:30pm faceoff.
- For the latest on Framingham State Athletics follow the Rams via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.