Framingham State University participates in the NCAA CHAMPS/Life Skills Program. Participating members in the CHAMPS/Life Skills Program are provided with materials and resources which support a student-athlete's development in five areas: academics, athletics, personal development, career development and community service.
The mission of the NCAA is to maintain intercollegiate athletics as an integral part of the campus educational program and the student-athlete as an integral part of the student body. With this in mind, the CHAMPS/Life Skills Program was created to support the student-athlete development initiatives of NCAA member institutions and to enhance the quality of the student-athlete experience within the context of higher education.
The CHAMPS/Life Skills Program will:
- Promote student-athletes' ownership of their academic, athletic, career, personal and community responsibilities.
- Meet the changing needs of student-athletes.
- Promote respect for diversity and inclusion among student-athletes.
- Assist student-athletes in identifying and applying transferable skills.
- Enhance partnerships between the NCAA, member institutions and their communities for thepurpose of education.
- Foster an environment that encourages student-athletes to effectively access campus resources.
- Encourage the development of character, integrity and leadership skills.
For more information on the NCAA CHAMPS/Life Skills Program, please visit www.ncaa.org.